Treat your family this weekend to an iconic dish and a legendary product come together to make the ultimate French Toast.
At Great Harvest, Cinnamon Chip bread is the go-to bread recommendation for French Toast.
It doesn’t take much to make this bread shine – slice it thick and dip it in this simple batter for a breakfast that is sure to please. Serves 4 people.
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Half & Half
- 8 slices of 1-inch thick Great Harvest Cinnamon Chip Bread (about ½ a loaf)
- Butter, as needed (about ½ stick) for cooking and serving, if desired
- Maple Syrup or honey for serving
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 200° to keep French toast warm if needed.
- Whisk eggs, sugar, and vanilla together in a medium sized bowl that is large enough for dipping the bread slices. Add Half & Half and whisk again until well combined.
- Preheat a skillet to medium-high or an electric plugin griddle to 375°.
- Melt approximately 1 tablespoon butter on preheated skillet.
- Working a few slices at a time, dip Great Harvest Cinnamon Chip bread into egg mixture and carefully place on skillet. Cook for 2 - 2 ½ minutes until golden brown and flip. Continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes until second side is golden.
- Serve immediately with a pat of butter, a drizzle of maple syrup, or honey and a dusting of powdered sugar. If necessary, place on a sheet pan and keep warm in the oven while cooking the remainder of the slices.
Let us know in the comments section below if you enjoyed this recipe!